Just 4 clicks

Rapidcal for Rapidweaver - Two Thumbs Down!

I recently shelled out the 15 bucks to buy Rapidcal a Rapidweaver plugin that is supposed to allow you to add a calendar to your Rapidweaver site in the same style as your chosen theme. I followed their instructions but could not get the trial version of the product to work when published. This led me to believe that this was a limitation of the trial software and that a purchase was required to see the calendar on the actual internet. So I paid my money and followed the instructions and nothing. I contacted Rapidcal, they sent me to the same instructions page that I had used to set up the program in the first place. I contacted them again and they were like a broken record. This apparently is their idea of customer service, I was not impressed.
My next step was to ask for a refund, they refused.

This is basically a scam in my opinion. They give you an extra long evaluation period which leads you to believe that the software is legit. At the same time they make the demo look like you need to pay for it to be fully functional. Of course once you pay you’re screwed.

On a positive note I found a free calendar php script that will work directly with your Mac iCal application. It has many more features, looks better and is easier to read! You can get it for FREE here:

http://phpicalendar.net/

It’s quite customizable and allows you to merge many calendars together. It even has the capability to display multiple calendars one at a time. The user simply selects from a menu which calendar they wish to view. It’s very well thought out and well executed.

This script comes with instructions which are easy to understand. You have to edit a php file and copy a few files to your server but its a piece of cake with any basic ftp program.

Who needs to throw away money when this awesome calendar script does an amazing job for free! It’s even RSS capable so your visitors can subscribe to your calendar!

Comments